Sunday 8 November 2009

Jin's Weekly Learner Journal- Week 6

So far, I have been studying in UK for more than 2 month. By this period of time, I progressed a lot either in study skills or communication skills. I learnt some skills from 3 group presentations I have had, for example, I learnt about how to express myself while having group discussion, and how to search informations for my presentation. I feel very happy that now I find I have progressed so much. However, when we did some listening courses, I realized my listening is really poor, that means more taking-notes practices are required. For improving my listening, one-hour exercise about taking notes will be carried out.

Talking about the participation, I have been more positive than before. I have tried myself to integrate the class and the study life. In the class, I feel comfortable that I could discuss with my classmates in English though after class we were more likely to make conversation in Chinese. This is tough problem because we have so many Chinese near our dorms, so less chances for us to use English language. So I have tried to travel alone during the half-term holiday, book the train tickets and hotel by phone, and I will create more chances for myself to speak English for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment