Sunday 8 November 2009

Ray’s learner Journal week #6

During this period I learned more from the course, and I was happy with my most progress of skills. First of all, I learned how I can play a role in debates. It can improve my speaking skill and also can improve my communication skill. Also I got more practice in our classes about presentation skill, it really useful for me, because I was a representative in my company and I used to do presentation to co-operate companies in the internet industry meeting in China. Indeed, I never try to give a presentation in English. In our classes, I felt my presentation skill has been improved after I finished it even I have some problems during this period. By the contrast, I also find some weaknesses for me. The biggest problem is my hand writing skill, when I take listening task I find a big problem that I can totally miss the next sentences, when I try to take notes. Because I should use my brain to think how I can spell the words, it’s terrible. In this way I could miss next one or two sentences. So I think I should watch some TV program and try to write some ting as well.

There is something about my participation that I happy with my participation in the classes. I believe that if you want to do something well, you should pay 100% attention on it. On the other hand, I always remember some new words and watch British television on weekday, I brought the TV license online. I sometime go out with my friends during the weekend. I would like to chat with oversea student, however I only know a few friends here. I think it will be ok with time.

By the way Fire festival was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment