Saturday 7 November 2009

Weekly Learner Journal -By Katrina

During this time,my English skill is progressed up,even though the rate is not so fast.First,it's the spoken skills.There are some problems with my spoken English,which is not familiar,such as pronunciation,vocabulary,structure,because I do not have choice to practice with English people in China.So in the start of term,I'm nevors and unconfident with my spoken english.However in UK,I have some opportunities to communicate with British person to improve my spoken english skill.Now I'm glad to practice with British people.Second it's the acadmic skill.In this time,I leant about plan,structure,listening,taking notes,summary essay and so on.But there are difficult skills,eapecially the listening,taking notes and summary.In the class,I had learnt some methods about how to write and improve,and take some ecercises.Now I'm better than the begining of the term.However,even though my skills are enhanced though the server exercises,but I'm not good at theres. Therefore,I may do more some exercises to familiar the skills.Generally speaking,I'm glad my English skill is enhanced,but I think I may do much more better,and improve more greatly.Next it's about presentation.In China,I do not have much opportunity to have presentation in the class.But I know it's the important skill for my ability.Although I only do a presentation in JO's class,but I had know much presentation methods though the class and some experience of another groups.I will try the best for my presentation.

About the participation,inside of the class,I try to participate actively in the discuss.But I may not foucs on or take part in the discussion once in a while.Sometimes I have bugout of the questions which is not familiar or unknow.However I join the class and discussion most of the time.Outside of the class,I always take part in the discussion,particularly of the debate.Beacuse I think it's the good way to exercise the spoken english,response and the ability of organize.

In this time, I had learnt a lot of English skills.And I hope I can improve much more better.

No comments:

Post a Comment