Sunday 8 November 2009

weekly learner Journal-By Candy

Looking back a half term of study in Sussex, this is my first time to accept such a system of learning English. By this period of learning English, compared to the past I found that I progressed a lot , at first I was very afraid of my poor English, I feared that other people will laugh at it, so I didn’t like communication with others, I tried to avoid participate in the discussion. But through Jennifer’s class, I got a lot, not only professional knowledge, but also in academic skills,.
Now I enjoy in participation, I’d like to show my own point with each other. Although my grammar exist a considerable problem, I can’t use correct way to express what I mean, sometimes others couldn’t understand me, but I think it is a good step to speaking English. And I also think summary skill is useful for reading and writing, it can improve the ability of understand. Use own word to describe a article is very difficult, this is a test for our vocabulary, so after class, I through a lot of reading and visit the English website to improve vocabulary, usually I felt boring, But so far I didn’t find a better way to instead of it. About presentation, it’s very important, it related to the team's co-operation but I think I didn’t do my best, I felt nervous, I can’t remember anything, I was afraid of the face of so many people show my point of view, Or I didn’t do enough preparatory work, but after it, I acquired more. Listening is my weakness skill, in most of time, I couldn’t catch the main point, but now after class I listen to BBC program, because somebody tell me it is very helpful in improving listening, I hope so. After class, I started reading English novels, this will not only be able to expand my vocabulary, it also can improve language organizational capacity.
In a word, I eager to improve my English skill, meanwhile, I make efforts to enhance the ability, I also saw my progress, even though I still need more progress in all areas, I believe that effort will be able to see progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment