Sunday 8 November 2009

Weekly Learner Journal 6-----By Maria

(we traveled in UK)

Since the start of this term until now, I learned a lot of knowledge and academic skills in Jennifer’s class. I also have a huge improve, such as writing, listening, speaking, and reading. Especially, I can communicate with other country’s people.

Firstly, I have learned the notes-taking of reading, I think this skills is very important, it helps me to understand the structure of the article and makes me know the content of the article. Although I have weakness in this skill, I can work very hard and shoot for doing better. Moreover, I think I read some articles which is complex, I cannot understand the main idea about it, I want to improve this aspects to understand perfectly. For listening, it is my weakness, I definitely have some improve, but I think sometimes I heard the complex article or the accent pronunciation, I cannot understand them all the same. So, I think I should listen more and more news or TV program to advance my listening skill.

Secondly, I learned the presentation skill, it is a good way to improve our ability in English expression. It helps me to express English clearly. Furthermore, the presentation is a team work and it needs work together to finish it. I think our group in discussion and organization is good, maybe because we have a good leader. Through this presentation I learned more skills, it is very helpful for me.

Finally, I always participate all kinds of activity to polish up my speaking skill, and in classroom I also try my best to answer teacher’s questions. Participation is very important, if we often participate English activity, we will have a huge progress in English speaking. So, in the outside of classroom, we should communicate with other country’s people to advance my English study.

Overall, I can work hard to improve my English academic skill and try my best to participate all kinds of social activity to improve my speaking skill.

Thanks for Jennifer’s help, I guess I will be huge progress in the next half term.

No comments:

Post a Comment