Saturday 10 October 2009

Learner Journal Week 2

This week I study some skills about academic activities, such as how to be a good participant in a discussion , skills in academic writing and so on. I profit greatly from studying. In the following I would like to explore my experiences.
I think it`s very difficult to be a good participant in a discussion. He/She should have strong ideas and logics. He/She must teact fast. There is no denying that he/she should know a lot of infoemation and history of the topic. Team work and flexibility are also very important. Of course, a good participan must find out team`s weaknesses and prepare very well. Fur me, I have strong ideas and logics. I can cooperate with my team very happy. But I react slowly, I have no flexibility. I am nervous sometimes, so I can`t find other team`s weaknesses. So I should do more discussion exercise to overcome nervous. Seciendly, I should study some konwledge and increase more vocabulary about discussion. Finally, Asking Jennifer more questions is also a good way to improve my participation.
This week I also learn some skills in academic writing from class exercises. By learning, we must competle a good pian before write an essay. It can let you understander the structure and the context for which you are writing. Futhermore, introducction is very important. It must show the main idea. In the following text, I should approach my subject in depth. Presenting information and analysing question should be clearly and precisely. Saying is easy, doing is difficult. Therefore, I intend to read some books to improve my knowledge. Adopting some critical stances is also useful. I lack of this point. I should discuss questions with other students, use the views and attitudes of others. It can broaden my outlook.
I think that listening and note taking need to work on the most. In the light of this, I should improve my work in these skills. Effective measures I can come up with would be to listen some BBC radio everyday and recite some vocabulary. Studying some grammar writing are very useful for me. In a word, I will not forget that hard working is the most important thing now, please Jennifer gives me some help.^v^

No comments:

Post a Comment