Sunday 11 October 2009

learner journal week2

In this week, i learned some acadmic english skills, such as writing,listening ,making a presentation , and debating. I think it is useful for me. I realised my weakness is speaking and participanting in a discussion. In fact, most of chinese students are in the same situation. In the discussion, may be i have many ideas about the topic, but i find it is difficult to express my ideas in english. I think ray and leo are the best guys in the discussions, they can express their minds completly. I hope that one day i would be them .

I also gained some informations about how to plan an essay,and how to write a good introduction. The good introduction should include some important ponits ,for example,like ,background of the topic ,clearly structured organized,good linking words, your opinion sometimes if relevant,and answer the question given to show direction of the essay.

On Friday, ray and leo gave us a good presentation. Form them ,we got many informations that how to make a wonderful presentaion.

In a word, in this week, i learned a lot of acadmic english skills which are useful in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment