Saturday 10 October 2009

Ray's learning for week 2

I learned some skills of academic on the classes this week. The best of all is participation. Actually, participation is not difficult to achieved, you should pay you attention all the time and try to involve in discusses or debates. I think it is not easy to anybody, because you could feel very tired when you finish your classes. But, everything has first time, if you try you best to do it, you’ll get a great reward. My strength is I can concentrate for classes or other things. And my weakness is my spelling, the reason is I always remember words by their sound, so I always have mistake on spelling.

In this week, I learned how to organize essay and how to write a right thesis statement of essay. For some reason, I have a little confuse about thesis statement. Because, I think it is quite complex. Otherwise, I feel very clear about essay structure. I need some help for how to write a higher level essay. In the other words, I want to know how long distance with higher mark essays.

Academic writing I should working on the most, I think it is essential that let us know what is good or bad essays.

--------------------------For presentation------------------------------

I was very proud of our presentation in this week, it was fairly successful. We discuss the topic and main idea. Indeed, we fix the PPT twice, and we try to practice to speak before the presentation on Friday. However, we have some flows on the presentation by nervures and teamwork. Such as, our speaking is not influence as usually, and actually I prepare the question for audience have not said by teamwork problem which is play the PPT so fast on one slide. I think this time only is a beginning, we’ll do it better and better in the future. For me the biggest problem is my speed of speaking was change by enthusiasm that I want to tell the audience as fast as I can, for this reason I mark many speaking mistakes. In the Q&A part, I got my feeling about presentation, but it’s so late. Next time, to control my emotion is the most important point.

No comments:

Post a Comment